The Jefferson County Administrators Association is another group that Supports Jeffco Kids in a big way. At this year’s Leadership & Hall of Fam Awards Reception, Executive Director (and former Board Member) Jon DeStefano and President Colleen Owens honored both past and present leadership.
The best of the best in our current administrator staff were introduced with glowing remarks from colleagues:
- Elementary Principal of the Year: Sharon Ivie, Green Mountain Elementary
- Secondary Principal of the Year: Terry Walderman, Sobesky Academy
- Assistant Principal of the Year: Deb Pearce, Arvada West High School
- Instructional Administrator of the Year: Hilario Benzon, Diversity Specialist
- Central Administrator of the Year: Steve Bell, Chief Operations Officer
- Central Administrator of the Year: Tim Reed, Executive Director of Facilities
- Leadership & Educational Excellence Award: Terry Elliott, Chief School Effectiveness Officer
JCAA also introduced a Hall of Fame, Class of 2017, honoring past administrators from Jeffco Schools:
- Kathy Frank
- Ann Brady
- Kirk Brady
- Frank DeAngelis
- Gerry Difford
- George Latuda
- Ron Mitchell
- Sherida Peterson
- Bobbi Siegfried
- Roy Siegfried
- Betsy Thompson
- Cindy Stevenson
Dr. Cindy Stevenson also was honored with the Career Achievement Award.
The Frank DeAngelis Inspirational Leader Award was presented to Allyson Mallory of Littleton Public Schools. Her story was truly remarkable and JCAA is to be commended for sharing her story and supporting other administrators in Colorado. Education is so much bigger than Jeffco and our administrators recognize this.
We are grateful to them.
Thanks to all of you with JCAA! #JeffcoRocks