We received the following message this morning and figured we’d share as our Jeffco education stakeholders may very well want to ensure that their voices are in the room! We don’t know much about this so if you go, we’d love if you share info back to us!
“I was wondering if you might be able or willing to spread the word about a meeting that Colorado Empowered Learning, with the help of the Keystone Policy Center, is hosting next week in Lakewood? The meeting is part of a statewide outreach effort to gather perspectives that will inform Colorado’s blended learning roadmap.”
Here (below) is the location and time of the meeting:
March 8, 5:30 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
10200 W 20th Ave.
Lakewood, CO 80215
And here is the announcement we sent out in behalf of Colorado Empowered Learning about this and the other statewide meetings:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Colorado Empowered Learning Announces Statewide Survey, Meetings to Shape Blended Learning Roadmap
Survey, Meetings Will Gather Diverse Perspectives, Help Develop Comprehensive, Teacher-Led Roadmap
DENVER, February 27, 2017 — Colorado Empowered Learning, a state program working to enhance equity and access in K-12 education through blended learning, announced the launch of a statewide survey and a series of regional meetings to shape and inform the state’s blended learning roadmap. The survey and meetings will ensure the roadmap supports teacher-led education and the uses of digital content across Colorado.
Coloradans can participate in the survey by visiting tinyurl.com/cel-blended-learning.
The statewide meetings will he held:
- March 8, 5:30 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. Lakewood Library 10200 W 20th Ave. Lakewood, CO 80215
- March 14, 4 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Northwest BOCES, Downstairs Conference Room 325 7th Ave. Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
- March 15, noon to 1:45 p.m. Roaring Fork School District Office, Board Room 1405 Grand Ave. Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
- March 15, 5 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. Western Colorado Community College 2508 Blichmann Ave. Building B, room 171 Grand Junction, CO 81505
- March 21, 4 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Pikes Peak BOCES, Main Level Conference Room 2883 S. Circle Drive Colorado Springs, CO 80906
- April 10, 4 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Santa Fe Trail BOCES 302 Colorado Ave. La Junta, CO
- April 11, 4 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Pueblo West BOCES, Office Conference Room 323 S. Purcell Blvd Pueblo West, CO
- April 12, 4 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. San Luis Valley BOCES 2261 Enterprise Drive Alamosa, CO 81101
- April 13, 4 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Durango Community Recreation Center 2700 Main Ave. Durango, CO 81301
- April 19, 4 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Centennial BOCES 2020 Clubhouse Drive Greeley, CO 80634
- April 20, noon to 1:45 p.m. Northeastern Junior College, Hayes Student Center 100 College Ave. Sterling, CO 80751
- April 20, 5 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. East Central BOCES, West Training Room 820 Second St. Limon, CO
The Colorado General Assembly and Governor’s Office commissioned this statewide blended learning roadmap through House Bill 16-1222. The roadmap will focus on expanding the availability of supplemental education courses and blended learning as well as increasing enrollment in effective, affordable supplemental education options.
Colorado Empowered Learning is partnering with the Keystone Policy Center to develop and execute its statewide outreach and development of the roadmap. Keystone is a nationally recognized nonprofit with a proven track record of finding collaborative, actionable solutions to public policy challenges.
To learn more about Colorado Empowered Learning or to share feedback or perspectives for the statewide roadmap, visit www.colorado.gov/cel.
About Keystone Policy Center
Keystone Policy Center brings together crucial teams of stakeholders who have diverse individual perspectives but recognize a common need to address urgent issues with lasting solutions. For more than 40 years, Keystone has helped leaders move beyond fixed positions toward collaborative, action-oriented approaches to problem-solving. In this age of polarized debate on nearly every major topic in public policy, Keystone offers a refreshing yet proven blueprint for progress.
Director of Communications
1800 Glenarm Place, Suite 503
Denver, CO 80202