SJK is pleased to endorse Stephanie Schooley for District 3, Jeffco School Board.
Stephanie has long been a leader in her elementary school PTA and articulation area, helping and advocating for her community when Stober was announced on the potential closure list in 2016.
“Stephanie has worked in the education field since 1998, first through a nonprofit in Northwest Denver, then through Denver Public Schools and the Colorado Department of Education. For the past 18 years Stephanie has worked at Campus Compact of the Mountain West, a higher education civic and community engagement nonprofit dedicated to elevating the public good purposes of colleges and universities. Through Campus Compact, Stephanie has brought together institutions of higher education, K-12 schools, community organizations, and municipalities to create pathways for engaging students with local communities.”
SJK is pleased to endorse Joan Chavez-Lee for District 4, Jeffco School Board.
Joan has experience as a Jeffco parent, teacher, principal and grandparent. She knows the “importance of positive, productive, and respectful relationships between all members of our school communities.”
”I have strong roots in the Two Creeks neighborhood where Molholm Elementary School serves as a community hub. At Molholm I was a parent, tutor, student teacher, teacher, assistant principal, and principal. I raised my family in the Two Creeks neighborhood and board horses on my property. During my Jeffco career I also taught at Lumberg and Stein Elementary Schools. I was the Principal at Russell Elementary School and Wheat Ridge Middle School. I earned my B.A. in Anthropology from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and a M.A. in Administrative Leadership and Policy Studies from the University of Colorado, Denver.”
- Both candidates have substantial experience in education and support public education.
- Both candidates have served and participated on district committees.
- Both candidates have been to school board meetings.
- Both candidates have been advocates for children.
- Both candidates have served their communities as volunteers.
- Both candidates have demonstrated leadership through their roles in PTA.
- Both candidates have been positively engaged in Jeffco Schools in the past, present, and will be in the future as well.
Quotes from the candidate forum:
We strongly encourage you to visit their websites, endorse them, volunteer for them, and donate to them.