As we get older, so do our children. Yet we’re continually shocked as our children move up a grade every year, transition to middle school, and prepare for high school. It happens so quickly and we both love seeing your pictures on Facebook.
Watching all of our children accomplish so much due to the tremendous efforts of our Jeffco Schools educators is rewarding and inspiring! As we head into summer, remember that there’s more rewarding work to do.
Here are a few things to put on your to do list:
- Share information with YOUR friends about education – let them know what is going on in Jeffco Schools and at the Federal level as well. We try to keep you informed by doing the research and sharing it here so you can, in turn, inform your friends.
- Start collecting school supplies to prepare for our annual school supply drive for the Action Center that will be held in July.
- Clean out your closets and donate your gently used clothing and new socks and underwear to us to support Serving Kids. You can drop them off to us year round!
- Sign up to help Ron Mitchell, Brad Rupert, and Susan Harmon continue to serve our children on the Jeffco Schools Board of Education.
- Make donations to SJK and your candidates.
- Visit your Jeffco Public Library and read, read, read! The more your children read, the better they do in school AND it helps to fight the summer slide.
Here’s a great video from Jeffco Public Schools featuring Chatfield High’s Britta Kraakevik and her original song “I Can’t Wait.” Phenomenal!