There’s still more work to be done but Jeffco Schools continues to show improvement in nearly every area. That’s good news for Jeffco kids! See the following Press Release from Jeffco Schools!
More Grads and Fewer Dropouts in Jeffco
GOLDEN, Colo. (Jan.24, 2018) –The Colorado Department of Education (CDE) released 2016-17 school year graduation, completion, and dropout rates last week. For Jeffco Public Schools, the news is positive; more students are staying in school, and more students are graduating/completing their K-12 education.
“We are a big district with a diverse student population,” explained Superintendent Dr. Jason Glass. “It’s no easy task to move our numbers in these areas, so it is very encouraging to see our upward trend. We have set a high goal for graduation and completion – 90% – and this shows it’s doable.”
Graduation rate highlights include:
The on-time graduation rate over five years shows an increase of 2.0 percentage points for the district with a 1.7 percentage point increase for high schools, and 5.7 percentage point increase for option and special schools.
On-time graduation rates in 2016-17 show:
- The district percentage rate increased 0.7 percentage points.
- Limited English proficient percentage rate increased 2.4 percentage points.
- Student with disabilities percentage rate increased 2.1 percentage points.
- Gifted and talented percentage rate increased 0.9 percentage points.
Dropout rate improvements in 2016-17 include:
- The limited English proficient percentage rate decreased 1.6 percentage points.
- The Title I percentage rate decreased 1.0 percentage points.
- The migrant and homeless percentage rates decreased by 1.1 percentage points.
Completion rate improvements in 2016-17 include:
- The high school completion percentage rate increased 1.0 percentage points.
- The limited English proficient percentage rate increased 2.4 percentage points.
- The student with disabilities percentage rate increased 1.3 percentage points.
- The gifted and talented percentage rate increased 0.4 percentage points.
Extended Graduation and Completion Rates
- The district graduation percentage rate for the 2014-2015 graduation cohort increased from 86.9% to 88.2% with the addition of the sixth year graduates.
- The district completion percentage rate for the 2014-2015 completion cohort increased from 89.2% to 90.8% with the addition of the sixth year graduates and completers.
- The district graduation percentage rate for the 2015-2016 graduation cohort increased from 82.8% to 86.8% with the addition of the fifth year graduates.
- The district completion percentage rate for the 2015-2016 completion cohort increased from 84.5% to 89.0% with the addition of the fifth year graduates and completers.
For more information on Colorado graduation rates, including Jeffco Public Schools, go to http://www.cde.state.co.us/communications/20180118gradrates