Make sure you are registered to VOTE!
- Visit GoVoteColorado.com to check your registration or to register online.
- You can register anytime in person – including Election Day
- Simply appear in-person at any Voter Service Center or the Jefferson County Elections Division.
- Ballots will be mailed to all active registered voters. “Active” means your address is current in the Elections Division records. PLEASE BE CERTAIN YOUR MAILING ADDRESS IS CURRENT ON YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION. The post office will not forward ballots.
Get your ballot in as soon as possible!
- Ballots will be mailed the week of October 17th.
- All ballots must be returned to the Jefferson County Clerk and Recorder’s Office by 7 p.m., Tuesday, November 8th.
Vote Your Ballot – During every election, your ballot will arrive in the mail. You have a choice of how to return your voted ballot.
- Mail back your ballot to the Elections Division with adequate First Class postage. Ballots must be received by 7:00 pm on Tuesday, November 8th. (Post Marked ballots will not be counted.)
- Every valid mail ballot is counted. Be sure to sign the envelope when you return your mail ballot.
- If you recently registered for the first time, you will need to provide a copy of your ID along with your mail ballot. http://www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/elections/vote/acceptableFormsOfID.html
- Your county clerk will have provided instructions about the ID requirement along with your ballot.
- Visit any Voter Service Center to vote in person, request a new or replacement ballot, change your voter registration information, register to vote, or use accessible voting equipment.
VOTING SERVICE & POLLING CENTERS
Early Voting and Election Day Locations
All voting services available plus ballot drop-off
The following locations will be open:
- October 24-November 8, 2016, Monday-Friday, from 7:30a-5:30p (Friday, Nov 4, & Monday, Nov 7, until 7:00p)
- Saturday, October 29, from 10:00a – 2:00p Saturday, November 5, from 9:00a-3:00p Election Day – Tuesday, November 8, from 7:00a-7:00p
- Arvada Motor Vehicle, 6510 Wadsworth Blvd, Ste. 320
- Arvada City Hall, 8101 Ralston Rd,
- Standley Lake Library, 8485 Kipling St
- Our Lady of the Pines Catholic Church, 9444 Eagle Cliff Rd
- Jeffco Elections Division – Golden, 3500 Illinois St, Ste. 1100 Jeffco Fairgrounds, 15200 W 6th Ave
- Evergreen Motor Vehicle, 4990 County Hwy 73
- Belmar Library, 555 S Allison Pkwy
- Jeffco Public Health, 645 Parfet St
- Bear Creek Evangelical Church, 3101 S Kipling St
- South Jeffco Service Center, 11139 Bradford Rd
- Columbine Library, 7706 W Bowles Ave
Additional Centers Open Election Day
The following locations will be open November 8, 7:00p -7:00p
- West Woods Community Police Station, 6644 Kendrick Dr
- Golden City Hall, 911 10th St
- Buchanan Park Recreation Center, 32003 Ellingwood Trl
- Lakewood Library, 10200 W 20th Ave
- Lakewood Motor Vehicle, 2099 Wadsworth Blvd
- Bear Valley Church, 10001 W Jewell Ave
- Green Mountain High School, 13175 W Green Mountain Dr
- Calvary Chapel South Denver, 9052 W Ken Caryl Ave
- Red Rocks Baptist Church, 14711 W Morrison Rd
- Westminster City Park Recreation Center, 10455 Sheridan Blvd
- Standley Lake High School, 9300 W 104th Ave
- Wheat Ridge City Hall, 7500 W 29th Ave
Rules about campaigning in or near polling places
State law prohibits electioneering within 100 feet of the entrance to a polling place. This means that anyone who is advocating for the election or defeat of a candidate or a ballot issue must be at least 100 feet away from the entrance to the polling place.
Contact Jefferson County Elections Division: firstname.lastname@example.org | 303-271-8111