First, we have to say how much we’ve appreciated the excellent job our Jeffco Clerk and Recorder has done and we’re very proud that we endorsed him when he ran. He has been an excellent communicator and community partner. He’s done his job very well and we will miss his dedication. Thanks for your work, George Stern, you’ve been a shining star in Jeffco!
Following is the email he sent out today and it has some excellent information that we want to make sure everyone sees and shares!
Dear Jeffco Leaders,
It’s the most wonderful time of the year – election time! The General Election is already underway as we sent ballots to military and overseas voters this past weekend. And, in just a few weeks, we’ll start mailing ballots to everyone else. As always, we’ll use this list to keep you updated throughout the election. In the meantime, here are some key dates:
- Right now: Now is the time to update your registration! If you’ve moved recently, aren’t yet registered, or aren’t sure if your information is accurate, visit VoteJeffco.com to check or update it.
- Monday, October 17: The Jeffco Elections division will mail ballots to all active registered voters. We will also open our 24-hour ballot drop boxes.
- Monday, October 24: First day some in-person vote centers open.
- Monday, October 31: Halloween! Also, last day to return your ballot by mail to ensure it arrives in time.
- Tuesday, November 8: Election Day! You can use any drop box up until 7 p.m., or if you need additional services (registering to vote, getting a replacement ballot, etc.), you can use any vote center up until 7 p.m. as well.
If you know anyone who should be receiving these emails and is not, please have that person sign up here. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube using the handle @Jeffcoclerk.
Clerk and Recorder