The Fact Finder agrees with our teachers! The teachers have agreed to accept the results of Fact Finding but the Board has not. Let’s hope there is no executive session tonight and the Board transparently decides to approve this and let our teachers move on with their year!
9. The Association is not seeking a lax evaluation system that will reward ineffective teachers. Most teachers in the District feel that Strategic Compensation is a fair evaluation process, even though based on its results to date more teachers would be rated partially effective, and therefore be subject to a wage freeze, than under the current evaluation system.
On the basis of the above facts and discussion the Fact-Finder makes the following recommendations:
1. Teachers who were rated partially effective in the 2013-14 school year should receive a step increase in 2014-15.
2. For the 2015-16 school year, teachers who are not rated effective or above during the 2014-15 school year should not receive salary increases that are available to teachers rated effective and highly effective, provided that the parties jointly develop an improved evaluation system.
3. If the parties are unable to jointly develop an improved evaluation system for the 2014-15 school year, for the 2015-16 school year teachers rated partially effective should receive the same salary increases, if any, available to teachers rated effective and above.
4. Pursuant to the agreement of the parties, the provisions of paragraphs 3 through 11 of the May 9 proposal should be adopted by the parties. (Meaning the review of the rest of the agreement was a waste of time and money.)
Here’s the Fact Finder’s report – Jeffco Fact-Finding Report
Come on Board of Education! We are calling upon you to end this and honor the promise to our teachers!